On Lunes, 14 de Febrero de 2011 10:32:49 Bruno Friedmann escribió:
> On 02/14/2011 04:16 PM, Ricardo Chung wrote:
> > On Lunes, 14 de Febrero de 2011 09:34:06 Bruno Friedmann escribió:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Just a quick note about our project of virtual launch party on
> >> SecondLife. (cf http://lizards.opensuse.org/?p=6561)
> >>
> >> After working hard the last 2 months, the place is ready. So time to
> >> test it before the official openSUSE 11.4 virtual launch party.
> >>
> >> So yesterday was our RC1 party, and everything has been a success !
> >> We've seen more than 50 attendees ( twice what was expected ) and during
> >> 2 hours and a half, we enjoyed dedicated place for fun, discussions (not
> >> so easy to have a global chat in 3 languages : english, french and
> >> greek).
> >>
> >> The full dedicated post is here : http://lizards.opensuse.org/?p=6638
> >>
> >> Did you miss that one, don't be afraid, we are organizing some other
> >> party before the 10th March. Time to grab your avatar ready, and join
> >> the geekos group.
> >>
> >> Each avatar coming win a free openSUSE promotional t-shirt !
> >> All sizes and gender in stock :-)
> >
> > Well, I missed this party. I was wondering how fascinating it would be. I
> > have never been in a virtual world like that. And I don't even know how
> > to start but let me astonished how far the frontiers are going on.
> >
> > I don't know if it is possible to get that party and make a promo video
> > to show in a physical booth for openSUSE party releases all around the
> > world and increasing the oS marketing impact. AFAIK I  never did watch
> > something like this before (Second Life release party). It's just an
> > idea, no obligation at all.
> >
> > Best,
>
> Hi Ricardo, amazing it is, fun too :-)
>

> So one of your question, that should be answered is : how can I go there &
>  participate ? Did you think that a quick howto published in lizard (don't
>  ask me on wiki nor forums :-)) would help you ?

Sure, Why not ? if you teach me how with openSUSE is possible to do it.

> I've try to snapshot it with recordMydesktop actually, but have some
>  trouble with the frame rate, too slow, or too speedy. I must also resolve
>  how to catch the sound, with a recordmydesktop build which didn't have
>  jack support :-(

Are you using GNOME  with GTK-RecordMyDesktop, right ? Yeah, sometimes I have
had some trouble with frame rate too, too slow or choppy or speedy. I think
that project is not up to date now. So i would try, whenever if possible,
recording with videocamera (HD is a plus). Some samples only not all.

> It's one of my objective to be able to make good video snapshot, that how
>  it can be the most funny to show it.

Yeah, that would be great and very funny.

> Notice : The second objective (but don't tell them yet :-) is to proof that
>  you can play with an openSUSE workstation

I am afraid that objective is not a secret at this mailing list.  I suspect
everybody is expecting what is going on inside Second Life openSUSE Release
Party.

Cheers and Salute !!!

--
Ricardo Chung | openSUSE Linux Ambassador
a.k.a. amonthoth