On 2011-02-16 11:28:35 (+0100), jdd <j...@dodin.org> wrote:
> Le 16/02/2011 10:29, Bruno Friedmann a écrit :
> >>  * "Made by the openSUSE team"
> > It could be made by others, who just want to contribute one time, or for a
> > specific reason.
> > Would they become de-facto member of openSUSE team ?
> > We're all in it.
>
> so second option
>  * Made with the openSUSE team materials"

The attribution doesn't need to be in the video IMHO.
Mentioning it on a page that links to the video, or embeds the
video, ought to be sufficient.

> >> when made by anybody with at least part of the material found on our
> >> repositories
> > jdd, don't restart a thread about cc license or whatever.
> > this repo is made to get content in it.
> > We need the things get done, and quickly only 22 days left.
> > We need act, and materials, otherwise on 10th March we only
> > have nice philosophical threads to propose to reporters and
> > media.
> >
> > That's my point of view. And nothing will change it [really :-)]

Agreed, although we should indeed discuss the license and how
people can use or modify the stuff we make.
If we don't, we'll end up in a situation where people simply
don't know, and either won't care, or won't use it (which is
clearly not what we want.)

But I agree that we don't need to solve it right now.

> I'm on the way of making videos, but I use part of the marketting team
> material (screen shots, wall papers). What may I do for the attribution??
> I must have an answer fairly quick :-)

Well, we're not going to sue you, are we ? :)

As long as your videos are CC-BY-SA or CC-BY-NC-SA, I don't see
a problem.

We can also define several licenses as being acceptable,
something like "original or derivative content of this
repository must be under one of the following licenses:
* CC-BY-SA
* CC-BY-NC-SA
* GFDL
* GPL
"

Attribution and share-alike is important though:
* attribution to make it clear that it is work that we did, and
  not anybody else (same as with all opensource licenses)
* share-alike: while we want to permit commercial use of our
  work, we want modifications to be licensed under the same
  license (sort of the spirit of the GPL)

I'm not sure whether it's currently possible to *use* our
material in commercial work (attribution must be made, but the
content may be proprietary), nor whether we want to allow that.

cheers
--
  -o) Pascal Bleser <pascal.ble...@opensuse.org>
  /\\ http://opensuse.org -- I took the green pill