I'm biased because I'm an LXDE user. It's a great desktop - it has a
feel more like Gnome, complete and not too minimal, but light enough
to run on my old laptop. The openSUSE implementation is excellent.
(Suspend and wireless work!)

It's the default for the popular Knoppix live CD and is the
(unnoffician?) Ubuntu Lite desktop in Lubuntu.

Certainly we don't want to crowd things, but if it can be done neatly,
by all means include LXDE.

'rules' for writing are guides, not straightjackets.

cheers

Helen

IRC: helen_au
helen.so...@opensuse.org