On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 5:18 AM, Michael Miller
<michael.mil...@attachmate.com> wrote:
> Hi Helen,
. I missed the SCaLE event last month due to
> travel but heard that Jos did a great presentation there.

It was HUGE. It was my first conference so I was amazed  - met so many
interesting people. One of my favorite parts was meeting many enthused
users and people with such a rich variety of backgrounds. It's given
me some good context for future writing.

> Also, you might not believe this but I've actually used your drawing
> guides on about.com! I've been trying to self-learn drawing for the last
> 3 years or so and came across the content on about.com about 2 years
> ago. Would love to see some of your work - do you post any artwork on
> Flickr? You can look me up there as MMDrawings (but only if you promise
> not to laugh too much!).

Oh cool! That's brilliant.  I have a handful of pieces on Flickr, not
much, so I should have a scanning session. Your work is progressing
really well. I'd be happy to chat with you off list about drawing
anytime :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/helensouth/

 Zonker, who used to be the community manager and is now with
Linux.com, draws too.

cheers,

Helen

--