Hi guys,
Jos and I had just this discussion with GregH in Germany.

Greg reports that he has installed openSUSE 11.4 into Hyper-V without
any problems (at least that he saw).

Additionally, it looks like openSUSE will automatically install
Hyper-V peripheral drivers automatically when available, this means
that although installing most Linux distros likely will require the
Hyper-V Linux Compatibility tools add-on (Similar to VMware tools,
etc), it's unnecessary when installing openSUSE.

Hurrah for one less step and less complications!

As for "natively" -- It does seem that whoever used that word needs to
explain what he means.

Tony