On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 7:26 AM, Manu Gupta <manugu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> send a mail at ad...@opensuse.org
>
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Helen South <helen.so...@opensuse.org> wrote:
>> The Aussie Ambassador, Tim Serong and I agree that a mailing list is
>> the preferred means of communication for Australian users. With our
>> presence in Australia growing stronger,  a separate list for local
>> discussion would allow us to activities and events without cluttering
>> other lists . I know there's been some discussion around local lists
>> recently - was there any consensus regarding use of email lists? I'd
>> be keen to go ahead with this if that's ok.
>>
>> Who should I ask to approve and implement the list?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Helen
>>
>> --
>> IRC: helen_au
>> helen.so...@opensuse.org
>> helensouth.com
>> --
>>

> --
> Regards
> Manu Gupta
> --

Helen,

I wish you luck, I couldn't get one for north america, I really think
we need regional mailing list along with the regular one. They wanted
to do it by language, which made no sense because North America,
Australia, UK and most of the work speak english so if I want to send
notice to the ambassadors of North America about things we need to do,
I would have comments from other parts who don't understand what we
are trying to do. As I stated before, if you speck French, you are
most likely in France. If you speak German, you are most likely in
Germany, and if you speak Greek, you are most like in Greek. The four
languages I see an issue with setting up mailing list based on
language they are English, Spanish, Arabic,  and Portuguese. Those
language are spoken over the world in different countries and I don't
think you want to know we are having a fest in Atlanta and I need
Ambassadors and users to come, just like I don't want to know you are
needing Ambassador come to help Sydney, because we both know we can't
travel to either town, it just way to expesive and Jos doesn't have
the money to cover that.  Just like I know Nelson probably doesn't
want to know that Carlos is seeing up stuff in Brazil. I like to be
able to send a e-mail to all the ambassadors in North America about
things like needing hey, we have OSCON coming up in the bay area can
someone go? With out ( sorry JDD/Kostas not picking on your guys )
people on the other side of the world telling how to run things.

The main list make sense were we help as global community on all
issue, and that one should be English.

I am still hoping I can get
northamerica-opensuse-ambassad...@opensuse.org, I think
australian-opensuse-ambassad...@opensuse.org or
australian-opens...@opensuse.org.

Maybe Bryen, Henne, and Jos will see why I asked for my list.

Chuck
--
(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member