On Saturday 30 April 2011 03:34:49 Helen South wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 11:01 AM, Jos Poortvliet <j...@opensuse.org> wrote:
> > But let's wait a bit until the location is announced - one of the
> > options (which I hope turns out to be possible) would offer
> > opportunities for an entirely different and cooler conference slogan :D
>
> That makes sense. Also I'm thinking that from topics that people
> propose, something will emerge - whatever people are generally most
> interested in right now and things they are working on, there might be
> a bit of a trend.
>
> Someone mentioned Cloud - yes, it's something we're maybe hearing too
> much of but it is still in the ascendant so there could be something
> there.
>
> Any artwork ideas we generate in the process can always be repurposed.
> Loved Robert's concept too. I thought it was more 3D 8-bit than Lego,
> but there are many possible connections there with 'old fashioned'
> ways of doing things, three dimensional stuff, construction,
> simplification (Factory?)

Hi all,

Next monday we still have time to print a cool poster for LinuxTag. So we need
to decide on a theme sunday. As you've seen in the mail to -project, we have a
conference location. I am putting information on the wiki right now (Klaas,
didn't you promise to do that? I need to keep beating on you, don't I?).

So, what should we do? Just say - most like RWX^3 so let's go ahead with the
poster stuff??? Or does anyone have a better idea based on the information on
the location we have (see project ml)?

Unless somebody has a better idea, Robert prints the RWX themed poster and we
get ahead with that.

One thing on that poster, btw - Robert, I do agree with some here that the 4th
character on the design - well, I have no idea what that is supposed to
depict... But having ppl check the site to find that out is fine with me too.
Your call.

Which needs updating too, who is up for modifying the
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Conference page? You can take content from our
current call for papers draft  We could also create a
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:ConferenceMobile page.

Please get content from what I'm writing on
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Conference_Planning_2011_CfP and
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Conference_Planning_2011

Cheers,
Jos