On 24.05.2011 15:10, jdd wrote:
Le 24/05/2011 13:12, Okuro Okiawa a écrit :
Hence, openSUSE has to be presented as an easy and comfortable
solution for your work to take away the "fear" of some people of
"damaging" anything when they touch their OS...

be warned that openSUSE is *not* designed for dummies (no Linux is).
It's nice to be installed to your friend that can ask you for help. I
real newbie will not use openSUSE if not preinstalled and configured.

Well, and exactly that's the reason, why openSUSE and Linux in general is mostly common in nerds or IT freaks (besides the Linux Servers). The question for openSUSE now is, which direction should be chosen: (1) reach more users or (2) let away all the "user-friendly" stuff and keep the distro clean of mostly useless stuff.

I cannot really decide between the two options... For me personally, (2) is the best option, but (1) would make openSUSE more competitive in the OS-market. (In this regard, Ubuntu is a step ahead.)

--
Best wishes,
Okuro Okiawa aka Thomas Hofstaetter

###  openSUSE Member                             ###
###  openSUSE Ambassador                         ###
###  Member of the openSUSE Marketing Team       ###
###  Writer of the openSUSE News (Event-Editor)  ###
###  http://en.opensuse.org/User:Okuro           ###

### Private Website: http://hidden-space.at.tf   ###