On 20/05/11 06:30, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Tuesday 17 May 2011 09:00:50 jdd wrote:
Le 16/05/2011 23:24, Jos Poortvliet a écrit :
But we're back in Business, Karl Cheney has made an updated version - and
here it is. Let us know your thoughts, esp when it comes to refining the
text!!!

Please take into account local customisation and translation.

I mean that of course we need the source, but also that when printing
locally, color is unavailable as shown on the project. It's pretty
easy (and in France mandatory - blank paper is only authorized for
government papers for public diffusion) to use color paper, but then
of course the color is the same everywhere nd the photo only B&W

that said, the document is very smart :-)

thanks
jdd

Hmm, what you are saying is that we need a black-and-white version, yes?

Karl, can you do that in a reasonable way, you think, or does that require a
lot of re-design?

Moreover, Karl, you mentioned the text is a tad long and for an A4 version we
need to shorten it... Could you send the text that is too much to me in a
separate mail, I'll munch over it and shorten it a bit. Please tell me by how
much approximately I need to shorten it...

I found a couple of typos:

- Working Together:
  "...supporting 21 distro’s on seven architectures." - remove the
  apostrophe in "distros".

- For Users:
  "But shoulld you want more..." - should be "should"

- For Administrators:
  "It’s powerful and flexibile with it’s unique command line" - remove
  apostrophe in second "its".

- Get Connected:
  - Twitter.com and Identi.ca should probably be lower case.

- SUSE Studio:
  - "customized with your packages, script and artwork" - suggest
    pluralizing "scripts".

- "desktop Choice" heading should be "Desktop Choice" (upper case)

- Tumbleweed:
  URL is http://en.opensuse.org/tumbleweed - all other URLs lack the
  protocol specifier (not sure if this is intentional).

Nice brochure, BTW :)

Regards,

Tim
--
Tim Serong <tser...@novell.com>
Senior Clustering Engineer, OPS Engineering, Novell Inc.