By now, many of you know that our recommendation to change openSUSE
Build Service to Open Build Service.  This is a great moment for us as
this will now help us to further promote the awesome benefits that OBS
provides to the FOSS world.

Read the announcemens here:
http://news.opensuse.org/2011/05/26/opensuse-renames-obs/
http://www.novell.com/prblogs/?p=3787

Several of us have worked on getting things ready for the new name.
Already some press have picked up on the news and we're hoping it brings
in more eyes to our wonderful openSUSE Project.

Things to do:
- Clean up Wiki - We need to continue to sort through our wiki pages and
change any text that refers to "openSUSE Build Service" to "Open Build
Service".  Please help us out by going to [1] and edit any pages you
find.  Many pages have already been cleaned up, but the more people
help, the quicker we will inish everything.

- Update  our materials - We need to clean up any marketing materials we
have.  Examples are slide presentations, print materials, flyers etc.
Change names and links where appropriate.

- Get familiarized! --  Visit the new openbuildservice.org website and
get to know it.

- Review Talking Points -- As the whole point of the name change was to
increase awareness that OBS isn't just for openSUSE, let's make sure our
talking points highlight the many benefits that folks outside of
openSUSE can gain from using OBS

- Training -- I believe this is an idea that Chuck had recently.  We
should develop at least basic training to our ambassadors and marketers
about how to use and understand OBS so that we can answer questions with
more knowledge when we meet people out there.

So jump in and let's keep the momentum rolling!

Thanks folks!
Bryen M Yunashko
openSUSE Marketing Team

[1] http://bit.ly/mfz880