On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 08:51 +0200, jdd wrote:
> Le 08/06/2011 00:28, Helen South a écrit :
>

> > lovely idea, but return-on-investment?
> >

> if the goal is to catch new users (not necessarily newbies, but mostly
> windows users), it's obvious: most people don't mind about Operating
> System (they don't even know what it is), but of applications.
>
> Having free, excellent and available applications can make them do the
> move. Having these applications available right at install time could
> be sufficient to make them move
>
> this is the *users* aimed campaign, when we moctly do in programmers
> direction by now (obs, studio).
>
> but are you sure there is no already existing product such these one
> in english? I wonder why France should be the only to do them?
>
> jdd
>
> --
> http://www.dodin.net
> http://www.youtube.com/user/jdddodinorg
> http://jdd.blip.tv/

Foundations, Agencies, FOSS communities and individuals were working on
Software Libre (Free Software) Application Catalog to make it available.
CIDETYS published this catalog in Spanish. It's available to download.
http://www.cidetys.org.pa/es/component/content/article/93-lanzamiento-de-catalogo-de-software-educativo-libre

It's is work in progress so we expect to add more applications soon.

This catalog received contributions from openSUSE, Fedora, Debian, KDE,
GNOME, etc...

The idea behind is showing Free Open Sources Software available for
Windows or Linux and how it can help making a stronger educative
foundation.

Ricardo Chung | openSUSE Linux Ambassador
Panama

openSUSE 11.4 Li-f-e | KDE 4.6.00r6 | GNOME 2.32.1 | GNOME3 |
Mesa-Nouveau3d experimental video driver