Le 19/09/2011 14:50, Jos Poortvliet a écrit :
I just noticed the release notes for GNOME 3.2 are ready for
translation. That also means we can include them in the openSUSE 12.1
release notes now!

So, all it takes is to take these notes by finding the link in the blog:
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/2011/09/16/way-to-gnome-3-2/

and moving them to the current release notes. Izabel, Kostas, JDD - you
should know the link to that, I don't - please reply it here :D

release notes?:

http://ietherpad.com/12-1-release-notes

but first, make sure we will have 3.2 with 12.1

Then when they're moved in there, they need to be shortened to about 2-3
paragraphs with the highlights. However, if you don't feel certain about
that, just copying them in there is already a big help!!!

probably better give a summary and a link to the original

This of course needs to happen for many other things as well so if you
want to make sure we properly talk about what's new in XFCE, LXDE,
Krita, GIMP, Inkscape etc - find the release notes of the major release
which will go in 12.1 and copy them in!

was mostly done (copying links) during the hack fest, we only faked sleeping :-)

few people read release notes, if we make them too many pages long, nobody will. We also have to make sure what version is there, and feature freeze is only Beta (that is one week ahead)

the sumaries will also probably find they way to the weekly notes and the Magazine, so work usefull :-)

NB: we also have to notice that release note may have to be translated, so we have to give translators some time to do it

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgxog7_clip-l-ombre-et-la-lumiere-3-bad-pigeons_music