On Monday 09 April 2012 17:41:55 jdd wrote:
> Le 09/04/2012 17:33, Trenton Ray a écrit :
> > refugees" article that Roger posted the other day? I'll be frank, the
> > openSUSE website is good but lacks a flashy "hard sell" page to tell
> > users why they should choose openSUSE over other distros.
>
> good point :-)
>

> what is best on openSUSE is not visible
>
> jdd

I have recently set up an opensuse.org/about as we didn't have that. As it's
not being linked to from anywhere we can use it as a scratch place for the
time being.

I have recently uploaded a 1 page document with arguments about openSUSE
(cookies for who can find it on our wiki. Hint: talking points).

This page could be integrated with the about page: that could feature a two-
column thing with screenshot - little text - screenshot - little text - etc
based on the document and other talking points and the screenshots already on
opensuse.org/screenshots and other places in our wiki.

Who feels like making this? If the column thing is not your thing, just making
single list of stuff with screenshot - text - screenshot - text would be fine.

This page won't be incredibly pretty - altough a wiki master can probably make
it look more decent - but it could be the base for a decent static webpage
made at a later point.

IF anyone does this, ping me in a separate mail, I'll go over it and help out
a bit.

/Jos