> Gesendet: Sonntag, 12. April 2015 um 13:56 Uhr
> Von: "Bruno Friedmann" <br...@ioda-net.ch>
> An: opensuse-marketing@opensuse.org
> Betreff: Re: [opensuse-marketing] Popularity of Linux distributions
>
> On Sunday 12 April 2015 10.52:56 Bruno Friedmann wrote:
> > On Wednesday 08 April 2015 14.32:25 Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > > I ran across an interesting article about popularity of Linux
> > > distributions
> > > at:
> > >
> > > http://redmonk.com/dberkholz/2013/05/20/ranking-linux-distributions-and-the-decline-of-the-traditional-distros/
> > >

> > More recent data show us in a better place and select openSUSE as best
> > desktop distribution.
> > https://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/810295-the-top-11-best-linux-distros-for-2015
> >

> And also this perspective is worth to read
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/25/are_linux_distros_boring/

It has got a reason, that we have got such a difference between both articles/
rankings.
2014 has been a year, where we have got many new users (and customers). Many
people have used Windows xp and didn't want to change to 7 or 8. And the end of
support was April 2014. I was asked by many friends what to use. It wasn't
difficult... openSUSE!
Most of them have changed and are happy. The rest has changed to Windows 8 and
I can hear a lot of stories about update problems and rollbacks by Microsoft.
That's our chance! I can see a good future.

The other distributions have got the same problem with contributors. I am on a
mailinglist for general German Linux women and Debian has created a program for
getting new people to the community: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMed/MoM

Best regards,
Sarah