On 3/21/19 12:43 PM, Dan Čermák wrote:
Hi list,

I have been recently trying to mentor a volunteer on IRC how to
contribute to openSUSE (GNOME specifically) and I ran into the issue,
what to recommend a newcomer to do?

This reminded me of the following page that Fedora provides:
https://whatcanidoforfedora.org/

What are your thoughts about creating something like that for openSUSE?
Or does something like that already exist?

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Dan,
Thank you for the mentoring. You're doing a great thing by sharing your knowledge. Fedora did a really good job with the website. The questions and interaction is done very well. The code is here - https://github.com/fedora-infra/asknot-ng

Perhaps someone with some Python skills could make some adjustments for openSUSE. It would probably be best to send an email to opensuse-proj...@opensuse.org to ask for help and someone just might take the idea and run with it.
v/r
Doug