Hi Jared and List,

thanks for the reply. I haven't had much info yet as it deals with my next
job. Actually, I only have a list of problem questions from their side. The
problem is that their client application controls all security issues and
among other security restrictions there are time restrictions. E.g. a user
is supposed to do a job only in the desired time intervals.
Unfortunately, the client application use time of local nt workstation where
it's being run. Their SA told me that they had tryed to correct the time
manually. They changed time on the server while the DB was running. (not
sure it's good way) After that they observed strange effect. Oracle became
works slower and slower... And number of active session (v$session.status)
became grow permanently. Eventually they restored the time back. I'm not
sure that the time was the real cause of such side effect but I'm curious if
someone has encountered the same problem.

Thanks for your help,
Ed

Author: Shevtsov, Eduard