What it sounds like you want to do is to add another web-application.
There will still only be one physical site as I understand it?

The steps to add a web-application:
1. Make a copy of a (for instance the one in /default-site) web-application.xml into a
new
web-application.xml file.
2. Edit the new web-application.xml file, especially the <document-root> and similar
tags.
3: Edit the web-site.xml for the site (in this case /default-site/web-site.xml), add:
<web-app root="/newbie">../my-newbie-app/web-application.xml</web-app>

These are the steps needed, http://localhost/newbie/ is now the root of your
new web-application.

If you on the other hand "just" want to add a virtual directory, edit
/default-site/web-application.xml and add (assuming windows dirs):

 <virtual-directory>
  <virtual-path>/mywebdir</virtual-path>
  <real-path>D:\some\path</real-path>
 </virtual-directory>

But it sounds like you want a seperate web-application in this case,
let us know if you have any additional problems.

Have a nice day! :)

/Magnus Stenman, the Orion team