I have a somewhat similar problem.  I do a RequestDispatcher.forwared() call
in a servlet. But before I do the forward() is set some request attributes.
These attributes are NOT accessible from the page that it was forwarded to??

Smells like a bug to me. Orion team, care to comment?

Also, if you are reading this Orion team, is the <error-page> directive
something
that is working now, or is it for future plans? I can't get it to work?
Here's my syntax:

        <error-page>
                <error-code>404</error-code>
                <location>http://localhost/index.html</location>
        </error-page>

Is anyone out there using Orion in a production environment?  Is it stable?
Besides the above problems which break our application, Orion seems to hang
about once a day, and I have to restart it...anyone else experiencing this?
I'd love to switch
from JRun to Orion, but until these kinks are worked out.....Please help!

Thanks!
Neal

==================================

Hi All,

Under Orion 0.7.6b I had problems with the following code
inside a JSP:

<%! String key; %>
<% key = "DR0001"; %>

<jsp:forward page="cust_valuation.jsp">
<jsp:param name="agent" value="<%= key %>" />
</jsp:forward>

The JSP to which I forwarded the request ( i.e.
cust_valuation.jsp ) was unable to access the value of  the
'agent' parameter.

Looking at the changes.txt for the latest available version of
Orion ( 0.7.8b ) I saw the following bug fix:

-- 0.7.8b --
Fixed jsp:include/jsp:forward's jsp:param support.

I thought this would cure the problems I was experiencing, but
when I upgraded orion.jar to the latest version I know get the
following server error:

Unclosed <jsp:include ...> tag

This is very confusing since I don't have any <jsp:include ...
> actions in my JSP.

Is this an Orion bug ? Is there something I can do to get round
this ?

Thanks in advance,

Gary Janes
HSBC Asset Management,
London,
UK

---
Neal Kaiser
Make-a-Store - Your E-Commerce Solution Provider
Voice: 703-271-9449
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ #: 49391872