0.7.9 contains a small (news-site) EJB example and quick steps to set it up.
What's basically done to the data-sources.xml is that all the data-sources are
uncommented and the uppermost one is edited to fit your needs, and example
(if using HypersonicSQL) would be:

<data-source class="com.evermind.sql.ConnectionDataSource" location="/jdbc/DefaultDS">
 <name>Default data-source</name>
 <description>
  Hypersonic SQL source.
 </description>
 <url>jdbc:HypersonicSQL:defaultdb</url>
 <connection-driver>hSql.hDriver</connection-driver>
 <username>sa</username>
 <password></password>
</data-source>

Regarding the DTDs they arent released yet, we'll get to that as soon as possible.

/Magnus Stenman, the Orion team