Luke,

This is true - but this is why one would choose JAVA, not strictly why one
would choose Orion IMHO. Most servlet engines, EJB containers and the like
will work with standard code, whether they have proprietary extensions or
not. Thus if you write portable code, you can shift server.

The problem comes with support, maintenance and problem solving time? I'm
sure it's very good with Orion, but it has to 'appear' to be good as well -
big companies (eg IBM, BEA) have that safety parachute that's worth a
corporation paying extra for.

Hypothetical: What if both Magnus and Karl got sick for a week and I found a
bug in the server that takes down a site? It could be offline for a week!

As for lobbying for Open Source, I'd like to make sure they've considered
all the options. With JServ / EJBoss / Jakarta open source, Orion may have a
speed advantage at the moment but I doubt they'll keep it long against the
'hordes' of tweakers working to better those Open Source projects?

My $0.00002 ;) - something to consider

Cheers,
Mike