An excellent load testing tool is available at no charge from Microsoft.  It
used to be called Homer, but now it's called "Microsoft Web Application
Stress Tool".  (I liked "Homer" better")

http://homer.rte.microsoft.com/

For some reason, Microsoft isn't promoting it at all, but it is one of the
best load simulators I've used.  You build your test script by starting up
the Homer service, and then setting your web browser to use your local
machine as a proxy.  If you then go ahead and surf your website, Homer logs
all the accesses to build a test script.  You can then re-run that script,
specifying how many threads/users to simulate.

Two fast machines running 100 simultaneous users each provides an excellent
way to pound on your server.  Very interesting to watch.

Good luck,

Darren.

--
Darren Gibbons                                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OpenRoad Communications                               ph: 604.681.0516