Mike Cannon-Brookes wrote:

> By default Orion maps java.lang.Integer cmp fields to INTEGER db fields? (At
> least that's the only thing that's ever happened to me). I sometimes change

which db are you using? if I don't specify a mapping it creates a longvarbinary
for a java.lang.Integer. If I do specify INTEGER in orion-ejb-jar.xml Oracle
fails to create the bean instance with the error message I posted (see the
posting after the one you referred to). strange that it doesn't behave this way
for you.

> this to map to LONGINTEGER or some other type that my DB supports.
>
> You can alter what it maps to in the orion-ejb-jar.xml file (the deployment
> descriptor).

I know, but it doesn't work for me, see above

> Cheers,
> Mike

I'm beginning to suspect that it is some kind of problem with the Oracle jdbc
driver behaving differently from others (there was a similar problem in JOnAS).
I'm using Oracle 8.0.5 with the OCI driver.

Is there anyone else, who's using orion EJBs with Oracle, who could confirm
those problems?

Thanks,

Robert

--
(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH