I fully agree with this, and would like to be more confident before
deploying ORION for commercial applications. I really appreciate this
product, its completeness, it simplicity and performance.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Robert Krueger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
À : Orion-Interest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date : mardi 4 janvier 2000 18:07
Objet : roadmap for orion??

hi,

is there a roadmap for the further development of orion? I remember that
a while ago november 99 was given as the approximate release date for
1.0. what are the current plans? this mailing list has become very quiet
especially as far as responses to bug reports by magnus and karl are
concerned. I know there is no obligation for you to do so but sharing a
part of your plans with your potential customers would really help.

we are evaluating orion and think it's a great product but it does have
some rather serious bugs in the EJB handling (see past few postings). we
are going to finish a couple of rather important projects a few weeks
from now and were going to deploy them on orion. at the moment we are
not so sure anymore because we simply don't know what's happening. there
used to be replies to bugreports from either karl or magnus about every
other day. now many serious ones remain unanswered. could one of you
please comment if this is a temporary thing or what else is the matter?

no offense, really, but a little more information and feedback would
improve the situation or you could simply advise your potential
customers to wait a few more months befor using orion for a serious ejb
application if that is what you think but at the moment it's rather hard
to plan anything.

best regards,

robert

p.s.: are there any plans for a source license?

--
(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH