I'd like to clarify my question.

I got the News appliacation working by following the instructions and
Neville's tips on HypersonicSQL. However, it was all bundled neatly in an
.ear file. I'm not sure how to get my own app into that kind of format, or
something the EJB server recognizes.

Actually, I just want to get my own version of the cart app working and its
pure EJB, no web pages at all (baby steps).

The line in my old ejb.xml file was something like:

      <ejb-jar>../demo/ejb/mikecart-app/</ejb-jar>

This caused the server to auto load these beans.  If I just want to get a
plain old EJB application/beans loaded into the server (no web stuff at
all)this kind of thing working again do you have any pointers?

Thanks,
Mike

>> original question
I just installed the orion 8.5 b and have trying to get the EJB server up
and
running. I've got the rmi/jms/datasources going but I can't find a way to
enable the
EJB server.

The docs do not even mention a relationship from the server.xml file to the
ejb.xml file anymore (based on my 8.2 experience).

I've tried putting the following in the server.xml

        <ejb path="./ejb.xml" />
        <ejb-config path="./ejb.xml" />
        <ejb-server path="./ejb.xml" />

All of these give me a message: Unknown tag in xx/xxx/server.xml

Can someone get me back on track using this thing for EJBs. Thanks in
advance,
Mike