Just so everyone knows, the SIGSEGV segmentation violation doesn't seem to
be a problem with orion. I tried to start jakarta 3.1 (which worked a few
days ago) and I got the same SIGSEGV error. So, I decided to debug jakarta
(I just love open source) but quickly found that my entire java installation
is corrupt. I've tried reinstalling java, but to no avail, and trying to
start java in a debugging mode yields an error that it can't start the JVM.
My personal guess is that one of my system libraries now disagrees with the
JVM. I filed a bug report with sun, and in the meantime, I'm cleaning out my
system...

</Aaron>