I have the following block of code in both a jsp and a servlet within an
application (for testing only):

      DataSource dataSource = (DataSource) new
InitialContext().lookup("jdbc/SomeEJBDS");

In the jsp It works fine, no error, am able to utilize the dataSource to
execute queries etc.  On a servlet I get:

        javax.naming.NamingException: Not in an application scope - start
Orion with the -userThreads switch if using user-created threads

This occurs on Linux.  This doesn't occur on NT or Win2k.  I am not using
user created threads and the servler simply uses the DataSource to perform a
very simple query.

Could someone give me a clue as to what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Jeff