Hi, Kevin, Karl, et al.

I have just been studying the specs trying to get a better understanding of the J2EE architecture. On page 44 of the Java Servlet Specification Version 2.2, it states:

A special directory exists within the application hierarchy named "WEB-INF". This directory
contains all things related to the application that aren’t in the document root of the application. It is
important to note that the
WEB-INF node is not part of the public document tree of the application.
No file contained in the
WEB-INF directory may be served directly to a client.

For what it's worth...

Earl