If that still won't do it, look on the hsql site for the socket connection
patch. I applied it just as specified by its author, recompiled, and the
client/server version suddenly worked great, where before I could not connect at
all. The same issue may apply to the web server version.

Brian

Robert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone knows what I'm not doing right, I want to
> connect to a HypersonicSQL database using the
> webserver connection. But when I use the following
> "jdbc:HypersonicSQL:http://localhost:8080"
>
> It wont connect.
>
> I have orion on the url: localhost:8080. I've installed
> hSQL in the /lib dir and made a classpath to it in the
> global-web-application.xml file. I have also modified the
> file data-sources.xml as it says in the docs:
>
>           url="jdbc:HypersonicSQL:defaultdb"
>           connection-driver="hSql.hDriver"
>           username="xxx"
>           password="yyy"
>           schema="database-schemas/hypersonic.xml"
>
> I have named my database files to 'mydb.*'.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> /Robert Karlsson

Brian Cunningham
North Bay Data