hi,

I must say that I'm a little confused about the way context-root is used in
orion, which may be due to lack of understanding of the spec on my part.

say, I want to use a web application under a certain context-root
("/myroot") in a website. what I do is put an entry in the relevant
web-site.xml file like so:

<web-app application="myapp" name="myapp-web" root="/myroot" />

works like a charm with everything (redirects etc.) being interpreted
relative to the contextPath "/myroot". now, what is the use of the J2EE
"context-root" element in application.xml? I get the impression it is not
being used at all. the spec doesn't say too much about the element ("sets
the context root"). does orion's root attribute in web-site.xml replace the
context-root element in J2EE? if I specify it nothing changes, even if I
put nonsense in there. I like the orion mechanism as it works and is very
flexible (I can use the same web-application under many context roots in
different websites) but it would be good to know what that does to spec
conformance.

some clarification on this matter would help.

thanks,

robert
(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de