I place the following in my web.xml:
         <servlet-mapping>
                 <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
                 <url-pattern>*.shop</url-pattern>
         </servlet-mapping>
Browsing to my.host.com/whatever.shop works fine (MyServlet is invoked).

This is really what I want, but it does not work (I get a 404):
         <servlet-mapping>
                 <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
                 <url-pattern>ShopHere</url-pattern>
         </servlet-mapping>

This does not work either:
         <servlet-mapping>
                 <servlet-name>MyServlet</servlet-name>
                 <url-pattern>ShopHere.shop</url-pattern>
         </servlet-mapping>

I want to be able to browse to my.host.com/ShopHere and have that invoke
MyServlet.

I can except my.host.com/ShopHere.shop, but do not want everything with
*.shop to go to this servlet.

I know I can make the servlet root directory from /servlet/ to / and it
should work fine with out the mappings, but I want to keep the default
/servlet/.

Can this be done?
Dale