Please this is driving us right crazy these days. We are all the time
going around in circles. Our application creates several instances of
the same entiy bean. The first bean it creates is OK but, before it begins
to create the second one, the server makes a ejb store of the first
instance we create. This is correct with the spec because the instance is
in ready state but... then what the server does is to make a ejb-passivate
which is also correct because the spec say this:

"If the instance state has been updated by a transaction, the container
must first invoke the ejbStore() method on the instance before it invokes
the ejbPassivate() on it"

This situation is exactly what happens in my app but then ... when it's
passivating it throws an error:

NOTA-ejbPassivate
com.evermind.transaction.MarshallingXAException
        at com.evermind.server.ejb.EntityEJBObject.g2(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.ApplicationServerTransaction.commit(JAX,
Compiled
 Code)
        at com.evermind.server.ApplicationServerTransaction.end(JAX)
        at
StatefulSessionBeanWrapper4.introducirNotaAg(StatefulSessionBeanWrapp
er4.java, Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a9.run(JAX)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a7.gw(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.server.rmi.a7.run(JAX, Compiled Code)
        at com.evermind.util.e.run(JAX, Compiled Code)
NOTA-unsetEntityContext:Entramos en el método

I think this is related with transactions but I'm not sure because we have
deployed in J2EE sun's implementations and it works properly.

Perhaps this helps: In all our remote methods we set required.

What means that..."the container invokes this method with an unspecified
transaction context". ???? (spec about ejbPassivate())

I would be very gratefull if someone could give me a push !!!!!!!!!!

TIA.

        David Sierra Fern ndez
        Ingeniero Tecnico de Telecomunicaci¢n
        AULA RETECAL (CEDETEL)   Universidad de Valladolid
        Campus Miguel Delibes   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        47011 Valladolid (SPAIN)

 -- Sierr@ --