JavierG wrote:

Hi all:

Can I make Orion and Clouscape run in the same VM? In that case, how?
Wrapping Cloudscape in a servlet and running it within Orion? Any particular
measure I should take in that case?
All suggestions would be very welcome.
Thanks
   J.

Hi Javier,

What do you mean with running cloudscape in the same VM. Are you just using
cloudscape or do you have a framework (rmijdbc or cloud connector) that you want
to run cloudscape in. If you  just want to use cloudscape as an embedded db you can use it with orion and run it in the same VM as orion. You have to supply an datasource in datasources.xml and provide a schema for cloudscape and set the cloudscape.system.home property in orion.properties or at the command line when starting orion. Put the cloudscape.jar in the orion/lib directory and the client.jar in the client classpath (for exception etc..)

What would be the purpose of wrapping cloudscape in an servlet ? Do you mean that you want to program the acces to the database yourself in the servet?

Note I couldn't get cloudscape working with CMP, with BMP there were no problems but with cmp
I get an strange error at the client side (object was null but still part of the cache).
So if you get cloudscape working with CMP will you please let me know how you
did it ?

The xml files are supplied as an zip attachment.

Hope this helps.

Greetings
Wim Veninga

cloudscapeXML.zip