> I needs urgently  more information on clustering
> features of Orion:
>
> - Session Beans

Not clustered, can be used from multiple nodes and can be serviced from
multiple nodes but there is no failover of data if one node goes down yet.

> - Entity beans

Not clustered, must be serviced from one node but can be used from multiple
nodes.

> - Servlets

ServletContext and session data are replicated, the data (beans) must be
serializable or EJB references or similar, this will be specified in detail
in the Servlet 2.3 spec.

> - JNDI

JNDI is clustered within a cluster so a lookup finds an instance if it
resides in any of the nodes in the cluster.

> - Client applications

Clients can have multiple ORMI urls specified in provider.url (comma
separated) to try other hosts if one goes down.

> I readed on your   "http-clustering-howto.html",
> we needs an external (non-orion) IP  dispatching
> solution for production use:
>
> - is it mandatory ?

Yes.

> - if so, I plan to use RedHat "High Availability
>   Server" - is it a right solution ?

We havent tried that one so we dont know. If it forwards incoming socket
requests in a round-robin or other manner then yes, it should work.

On Sam, 12 aoû 2000, Keven Duffey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have yet to figure out how to cluster Orion. The documentation still
>leaves a lot to be desired. If I have two separate machines, how do I get
>two Orion servers to talk with one another? Can I have one be the servlet
>engine, and one be th ejb engine? How about fail-over? Ideally I want two
>(or more) web server/servlet engine front-end boxes, and two or more EJB
>boxes. Can someone shed some light on how to get this to work. Initially I
>need the fail-over servlet engines, because I am not doing the EJB stuff
>yet. So how would I set up two boxes to be fail-over, scalable and
>load-balanced with Orion? How do I add more computers to one tier?
>
>Thanks.

| Bernard Sauterel | sauterel.net               |
             email | [EMAIL PROTECTED]