FWIW, we found major problems with postgresql.  Running a test that created
and deleted EBs caused index and data files to grow
continuously.  Recovering data space took a "vacuum" command, but the only
way to recover deleted index file space was to copy tables.  In addition
every test run was slower than the one before it - from my notes when run 3
times each run took twice as long as the one before.  The same tests took
the same time every run when using Hypersonic or Sybase.

This was several months ago, so perhaps it's been fixed.  We deleted
postgres and moved on...

Our old data-sources.xml section is below, just in case it helps.  I
believe I had to edit the database-schema file to change null="null" to
null="" also.

Kirk Yarina

At 05:58 PM 8/12/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Are the postgres drivers built in to orion?  I want to make some changes to
>them.
>
>I'm trying to use postgres as my datasource in Orion.  It sets up fine, but
>I need to make some changes to the driver implementation.  I'm having a
>bunch of problems with the date and timestamp implementations.  I found on
>the PostGres mailing lists that it's a pretty common problem and you just
>have to modifiy ResultSet for your setup.
>
>The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to override the drivers in
>orion.  I've tried putting a jar of postgres drivers in the orion/lib
>directory, but it still seems to be using some other drivers.
>
>-Lkb
>/**
>  * @author: Lorin Kobashigawa-Bates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  * @title:  CodeMonkey / COO - Robot6 Inc.
>  * @phone:  415.345.8872
>  * @addr:   1177 Polk St. San Francisco, CA 94109
>  */

from datasources.xml:

         <data-source
                 name="Default data-source"
                 class="com.evermind.sql.ConnectionDataSource"
                 location="jdbc/DefaultDS"
                 pooled-location="jdbc/DefaultPooledDS"
                 xa-location="jdbc/xa/DefaultXADS"
                 ejb-location="jdbc/DefaultEJBDS"
                 url="jdbc:postgresql://ourhost/ejbtest"
                 connection-driver="org.postgresql.Driver"
                 username="admin"
                 password="123"
                 schema="database-schemas/postgresql.xml"
         />

Kirk Yarina
[EMAIL PROTECTED]