Is anyone successfully using the development="true" option for web
applications where the web application classes and the non-web
application classes share the same root directory?

For example, if you have all your classes rooted in
d:/projects/com/xyz/, you can point the reloading classloader to this
directory by adding the following to the global-web-application.xml
file...

  <orion-web-app
    jsp-cache-directory="file:d:/orion/persistence/jsp"
    servlet-webdir="/servlet"
    development="true"
    autoreload-jsp-beans="true">

    <classpath path="file:/d:/projects" />
  </orion-web-app>

The servlet engine will automatically compile and reload servlets (and
referenced beans) contained within this root directory that have been
edited.

However, if you add the same directory to the application.xml file, as
in...

   <library path="file:/d:/projects" />

then the standard (non-reloading) classloader will take precedence over
the reloading classloader used by the web application, and edited
servlet files will no longer be reloaded.

I understand that I could break up my directory hierarchy into two
separate roots, for example

   d:/projects/apps/com/xyz/...
   d:/projects/web-apps/com/xyz/...

and use the d:/projects/apps in the application.xml and the
d:/projects/web-apps in the global-web-application.xml.  I also
understand that these apps could be deployed as separate JAR and WAR
files, but this isn't very convenient in development mode.

It's common to root all classes in a single directory, so I'm
interested to hear how others may be tackling this problem.

Mike