On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Duffey, Kevin wrote:
> Thats too bad. If your in a hurry, I can understand, but for what you get,
> you can't go wrong in my book. It is frustrating at times, but these are the
> growing pains of small companies too. Good luck with WebLogic or
> something..it took me 3 weeks to get an email back on one SIMPLE question,
> and to call them would have cost us over $100 an hour. I tried that..and
> wasted 2.5 hours waiting on the phone. I won't make that mistake again. To
> be honest, I really don't think any vendor addresses the needs of support
> very well. It would be grand if they had 1500 people waiting by phones who
> were actual developers, knew the low-level technical questions that are
> often the ones asked, and so on. That just isn't the case in any vendor that
> I have bought software from.  I feel bad for you that your not getting
> WebLogic or any other vendor. Good luck though.

I have worked a bit with Unify; they offer pretty good support.
Pretty much under one day, continuous developer presence on their
newsgroup.  I worked with one other J2EE vendor that also gave good
support (sorry, forgot their name).  Hence my expectations of decent
support.  I guess if I'd dealt with the ones you have I might not be
so shocked!

        Gary