Lars,

Here is the script we use to startup orion for JPDA access from netbeans,

PATH=$PATH://c/desktop/java/delfour_working/build/jpda/bin
export PATH
java -Dd4n=orion -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Xrunjdwp:transport=
dt_
socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5000 -DinitialProperties=file://localhost/
c:/
desktop/java/delfour_working/build/config/InitialProperties.txt -DpropertyRe
ade
r=com.delfour.lib.properties.D4StandardPropertyReader
com.evermind.server.Appli
cationServer

and if I take out all of the stuff specific to us...

java -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,se
rver=y,suspend=y,address=5000
com.evermind.server.ApplicationServer

note that we use suspend=y

also we use netbeans (www.netbeans.org)  which is close but maybe not
exactly the same as Forte (same original source code).

Also, if the .class files were compiled with netbeans it works ok, if they
were compiled with jdk1.2.2_005 (NT) then they will not allow you to put a
watch point on a variable (you will not be able to see it's contents).

Hope this helps

Regards,

Rob Lapensee
Director of Technology