Question for you..when I create a database there is something that has a
drop-down that says Dialect..and its always selected on 3. Doesn't that mean
it supports it? I recall reading that IB6 supports D3 now, so I thought that
it did. I have build 308, but I know there is a newer build..maybe that one
supports it?

Anyways, so it seems like the datasource should look like so:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE database-schema PUBLIC "-//Evermind//- Database schema"
"http://www.orionserver.com/dtds/database-schemas.dtd">

<database-schema name="Interbase" not-null="not null" null=""
primary-key="primary key">
        <type-mapping type="java.lang.String" name="varchar (255)" />
        <type-mapping type="int" name="int" />
        <type-mapping type="long" name="int" />
        <type-mapping type="float" name="float" />
        <type-mapping type="double" name="double" />
        <type-mapping type="byte" name="byte" />
        <type-mapping type="char" name="char" />
        <type-mapping type="short" name="short" />
        <type-mapping type="boolean" name="boolean" />
        <type-mapping type="java.util.Date" name="timestamp" />

        <disallowed-field name="password" />
        <disallowed-field name="username" />
        <disallowed-field name="date" />
</database-schema>

Does that seem like it would work? I am not sure about the int, long, float,
double, byte, char, short and boolean. I thought someone posted a schema
before that they were using, and I can't seem to find it anywhere in my
archives of emails. Its pissing me off because I can't even mess around with
entity beans because of this.

Incidentally, do you know how I would get Orion to use this schema? I see
some datasources.xml file in the /config dir. Can each web-app be mapped to
a different datasource if need be?

Thanks again.