Hi, Matt

There's not that much "seems" to it, nor black magic. :-)

I can't tell why EJBs in one scenario see "guest" and in the other they see
the proper user, since I don't know how you're logging in and what the test
program is.

In short, though, there are only so many ways to identify a user to the
server in a proper way:

1. jndi.properties, or type it in to the dialog, when using an app client;

2. form-based login (again, a username/password pair);

3. client certs;

4. programmatic using the RoleManager (Orion-specific).

When you're using a servlet as your front-end, then, I guess the question
is, how are your users logging in? If they are not then you will always see
"guest".

It sounds like your test program is an app client, the login dialog is
popping up, and off you go - no problems. But that's just a guess.

So I guess it comes down to details on how your login in the servlet
situation is being accomplished, before we can offer any advice.

Arved Sandstrom