I've done the JSP tutorials for making a taglib. Easy... Worked first time...
Modified it to accept a parameter to query a database (ORACLE) to verify
that the data-source... relatively easy - some path hiccups locating libraries... all
sorted.

but...

I'd like to avoid the rebuilding and copying of the jar file each time to test.

1. Can a JSP be directed to a class tree (folder structure with a meta-inf folder)
    rather than a .jar.
2. if not can the jar be placed elsewhere than in the folder with the .jsp file
itself. eg
    a classes folder in the web-inf folder?

--
Aaron Scott-Boddendijk