> Hi Jan,
> I downloaded the latest version of Orion and under
> orion\default-web-app\examples\xsl you should find the example.

> But, should not the orion server do the conversion and send html to the
> browser, because, that would
> make more sense and make the process browser independent.

> I am very sure that I am missing something here. I am not sure what. I would
> definetly appreciate some help
> on this.
> Thanks,
> Manoj

Hello everybody attempting the JSP=>XML=>XSL process. We are currently working
with this exact procedure, and you are correct Manoj, the transformation (XSLT)
happens server-side and HTML is just fed to the clients browser.

We are using the XSLTServlet that used to exist on the old OrionSupport site.. I
don't believe it is available there anymore. There was problems with Orion's
xslt servlet.. (may be fixed now)... also we are using SAXON to do the XSLT
Transformations (called from the XSLTServlet)...

Does anyone know what came of this servlet? Is it still supported? Being
updated? I notice that there are issues with using it with the latest version of
Saxon (5.5.1)...

Anyway.... Orion's implementation of the XSLServlet worked.. but had some
limitations with the xsl:param element.

If you look in your global-web-application.xml you'll see something like the
following :
        <servlet-chaining servlet-name="xsl" mime-type="text/xml" />

And also a little later... something like :
                <servlet>
                        <servlet-name>xsl</servlet-name>
                        <servlet-class>com.evermind.servlet.XSLServlet</servlet-class>
                        <init-param>
                                <param-name>defaultContentType</param-name>
                                <param-value>text/html</param-value>
                        </init-param>

                </servlet>

This performs servlet chaining... so when your JSP produces an XML document with
content type text/xml... the servlet-chaining within Orion captures it and
passes it to the XSL servlet... which process it.. produces HTML and displays
HTML to the end-user.

What version of Orion are you using? 1.3.8 is our current development version
and the described process is working for us.

Dylan Parker

Feel free to ask me more questions.