Hegyi Tibor wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am quite new to Orion Server (and to the Orion-Interest mailing list) and
> have been dealing with it for three days. I feel desperate now because I am
> trying to install a simple (one-class) test servlet but still to no avail.
> Unfortunately, Orion does not provide too much examples on deploying
> applications. I have ever tried to use the graphical tools but also failed.
>
> Please help me deploy the simple class file as a servlet to the default web
> site. I'd expect some step-by-step description (what files to edit and what
> to write in those files).
>
> I'd really thankful for any help.

Orion comes with an application-how-to.html. There is also some info on
http://www.jollem.com.

However deploying a servlet should not be such a big deal.
if it does not exist, create a directory in the
/path/to/orion/default-web-app

WEB-INF/classes

and drop the class file in this directory.

Due to defualt servlet mapping, orion should be able to find it with an
url like:
http://localhost/servlet/YourServlet

if it does not, edit the web.xml (in default-web-app/WEB-INF) to include
something like:
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>
        YourServlet
    </servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>
        your.package.YourServlet
    </servlet-class>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
            YourServlet
        </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>
            /YourServlet
        </url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

that should do the trick
Sven E. van 't Veer
http://www.cachoeiro.net
Java Developer                                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]