Folks:

I know the veterans of this list must become pretty exasperated, seeing
problems posted here which would seem to be pretty simple.
Unfortunately I'm very lost in the complexity of J2EE's directory
structures and configuration .xmls.  Hopefully over time the interaction
between the various components will become more intuitive, but, have to
say, so far that's not happening..  Many thanks for your help and
patience.

Here's what I'm failing to achieve this time.  I have Orion's
default-web-app configured satisfactorily, with multiple JSPs and
Servlets interacting correctly.  Now I want to add a layer of EJB
business objects to this mix.  I believe I understand how to create a
*new* application including EJBs -- there are several documents
available with examples.  But, I'm unable to figure out how to add EJBs
to the existing, default app.  Questions:

1. What is the correct directory structure?  The "demo" sample has an
"ejb" subdirectory, with a "META-INF" and a further subdirectory for
each of the sample EJBs.  By analogy, should there be an "ejb"
subdirectory below "default-web-app", and so on?

2. What .xmls need to be informed that the new EJBs are now part of the
default application?  orion/config/application.xml contains the
<web-module> tag which defines defaultWebApp.  But it's not happy
containing <module><ejb> tags, per the sample application.xml files
within the "demo" directory.  Etc.

Clearly, I'm lost.  If someone would find me I'll be grateful.

--Mark