But there is no cmp-field called username in that bean!  username is a cmp-field in the
source bean.  And source is an entity-ref  in the bean where the finder query is being
defined.

I'm sure I'm missing some basic syntax, but haven't been able to figure it out.  Is
there
anybody else who has done something similar?  It seems like a fairly routine problem
-- an
entity bean has a ref to another entity bean and the enclosing entity bean's finder
query
needs to access the enclosed bean's field.

Vidur