JBuilder 4.0 will warn you of xml DD errors when doing a build.  For
instance if you add some methods to an entity bean and there is not a
matching transaction-attribute for the method JBuilder will warn you.  (CMP
1.1 - haven't tried CMP 2.0 with the tool).

I'm not sure how robust that is overall with regard to every type of
potential deployment descriptor problem....

Cory