At 09:33 09.11.00 , you wrote:
>In the orion development docs, it recommends setting deployment="true" but
>does not say why.  What does this buy you?
>
>Also, is it possible to have a web application that references ejb's but is
>not part of a war?  I've deployed my .ear file and everything worked fine.
>My web designers are having to rebuild and re-deploy that ear file every
>time they make a change.  I've tried setting the name attribute in the
>default-web-site.xml file to point to a directory (which had the web.xml
>file in the  WEB-INF directory), but it could not find my ejb class files.
>I tried putting the ejb class files in the lib directory, but no luck there.
>How do you set orion to look at a directory for it's web files instead of a
>war?

unpack the whole thing and point orion to the directory that's the top of
you ear structure. works without any problems. could you post your
directory layout and your entry in server.xml for the application?

robert

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de