"Sean P. McNamara" wrote:

> It turns out that it wasn't finding it since the attribute was
> private.  Does this mean that all my attributes in a CMP bean need to
> be public?  If so, I'm not sure why, since reflection since JDK1.2
> allows you to view private attributes based on security properties.

When using CMP al the fields in your entity bean that use CMP, including
your primary key field need to be public (see EJB spec section 9.4.1)
since the container must have acces to these fields (it does not call
get/set methods to access the data).

sven

Sven E. van 't Veer
http://www.cachoeiro.net
Java Developer                                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]