At 13:19 13.11.00 , you wrote:
>I posted this last week, but haven't gotten any resolution. I've followed
>the how-to's and such in the Orion docs, and have searched the archive.
>None of the stuff that is mentioned there is working, so I implore any of
>you out there with multiple websites running to give this a look and help
>me figure out what I'm doing wrong. If you'd rather contact me off list,
>that's fine too....but I need to get this little problem solved, and I'm
>running out of places to look....
>

>>THE SETUP (in $ORION_HOME/config, on host "orionhost")
>>============================================
>>1. I have a web-site.xml file for each of the two sites that I want to
>>run under Orion (cs2k-web-site.xml and twsm-web-site.xml). Each file
>>contains a line like this (sub "cs2k" in for "twsm" for cs2k-web-site.xml):
>>
>>     <default-web-app application="twsm" name="twsm-web" shared="true"
>> root="/twsm" />

this doesn't make sense. the default-web-app of a site is always mounted to
"/". what you want is probably one web-site.xml that reads

<default-web-app application="whatever" name="whatever" root="/" />
<web-app application="twsm" name="twsm-web" root="/twsm" />
<web-app application="cs2k" name="cs2k-web" root="/cs2k" />

HTH

robert

>>2. I have added the following lines to the end of server.xml:
>>
>>     <application name="twsm" path="../applications/twsm/" />
>>     <web-site path="./twsm-web-site.xml" />
>>
>>     <application name="cs2k" path="../applications/cs2k/" />
>>     <web-site path="./cs2k-web-site.xml" />
>>
>>3. I have added the following lines to application.xml, under the default
>>web-module tag:
>>
>>     <web-module id="cs2k" path="../applications/cs2k" />
>>     <web-module id="twsm" path="../applications/twsm" />
>>
>>4. All other files remain unmodified, and the default-web-site.xml has
>>the root set to "/".
>>
>>Now, the application that comes up when entering a URL of
>>http://orionhost/ is the first app to be defined in server.xml.  I have
>>verified this by switching the declarations, and the other site comes up
>>as the default. I do not know how to get the browser to display the other
>>site, as http://orionhost/cs2k and http://orionhost/twsm both yield 404
>>errors.  Also, since I have defined the default website with a root of
>>"/", shouldn't http://orionhost/ output the default web page, rather than
>>one of my webapps?  Currently, the same host:port will be serving both
>>websites.  They may get differing virtual domains in the future.
>>
>>So, can anyone tell me how I can view both websites on the same
>>server?  Can anyone see what I'm missing here?
>

>------
>Andrew Kidder
>L3 SW/Support Engineer, IBU
>Tivoli Systems
>
>512-436-4544
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>http://www.tivoli.com

(-) Robert Krüger
(-) SIGNAL 7 Gesellschaft für Informationstechnologie mbH
(-) Brüder-Knauß-Str. 79 - 64285 Darmstadt,
(-) Tel: 06151 665401, Fax: 06151 665373
(-) [EMAIL PROTECTED], www.signal7.de