Hi all !
I am just beginning to evaluate orion for our needs but i get stuck with
the same error :
Error loading package at file:[....]/helloworld-ejb.jar, Error parsing
META-INF/ejb-jar.xml in [...]/helloworld-ejb.jar: Fatal error at line
377: Character conversion error: "Unconvertible UTF-8 character
beginning with 0x91" (line number may be too low).

thanks for any help...
rodolphe

this is my ejb.jar.xml :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE ejb-jar PUBLIC '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise
JavaBeans 1.1//EN' 'http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/ejb-jar_1_1.dtd'>
<ejb-jar>

 <display-name>HelloWorld Bean jar</display-name>
 <description>A simple HelloWorld</description>

 <enterprise-beans>
  <session>
   <display-name>HelloWorld</display-name>
   <description>A simple HelloWorld</description>
   <ejb-name>com.genesys.is.helloworld.ejb.HelloWorld</ejb-name>
   <home>com.genesys.is.helloworld.ejb.HelloWorldHome</home>
   <remote>com.genesys.is.helloworld.ejb.HelloWorld</remote>
   <ejb-class>com.genesys.is.helloworld.ejb.HelloWorldEJB</ejb-class>
   <session-type>Stateless</session-type>
  </session>
 </enterprise-beans>

 <assembly-descriptor>
 </assembly-descriptor>

</ejb-jar>

it's in orion.jar in the META-INF dir but it's just the official sun
version as far as I know. your errors don't indicate that it's a dtd
problem. the first looks like you use non-7bit-ascii characters and
didn't
declare the correct encoding in your xml (just a guess).

robert

At 08:00 07.11.00 , you wrote:
>The reason I ask is that I think it' screwed up. When I try to run an
app
>with -validateXML turned on i get:
>
>Error loading package at
>file:/C:/@web/ClassNotes/EjbJmsJndi/@StudentEjbApp/, Error parsing