From: Marcus Ahnve [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Jueves, 23 de Noviembre de 2000 12:59
To: Orion-Interest
Subject: Re: DataSourceConnection not closed

> "Juan Lorandi (Chile)" wrote:
>
> yes, I've been complaining about this issues starting a month ago...
> check bugs #161 & #170 for more info
>
> nobody from orion replies, and it's a shame, because I canīt license
> the products until I work my way around these
>
> Anybody performing a DoS attack on any Orion Web Site will effectively
> crash the server

Bug #170 was filed due to the fact that the server chrashed and burned
if it ran out of connections. For some weird reason, it seems to be very
CPU expensive to wait for a connection. However, now that you can
specify the wait-timeout property we can keep the server alive, with
tons of timeouts though. I've set the status of #170 to fixed, since the
immediate problem is fixed. Now, for "DataSource not closed", that's a
whole new story, but I believe that there are other reports in bugzilla
regarding that topic. FYI, we not only get it due to timeouts, but when
testing our app against Hypersonic's in-memory db too. No clue why.

/Marcus

--
Marcus Ahnve                          email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Lecando AB                           Office: +46-(0)8-634 94 18